- behaving in an honorable or polite way especially toward women.
- showing respect and politeness especially toward women
Let's all think for a second, it's often said that "Girls like bad guys" & "Nice guys finish last", let's face it those things are true. Of course these statements won't apply to EVERY female but we've all seen these things happen. I've personally seen females ignore a guy who could possible do right by them, because they were actually chasing behind a guy that they already KNEW wasn't right for them. If you're confused by what I mean, think about this for a quick second ladies. How many guys have done something for you, and your only response was "Awww that's cute" simply because you weren't actually interested in him? After you answer that question to yourself, I want you to think about how many times that guy or any other guy you weren't interested in has done something but you didn't really acknowledge it as anything more than a kind thought. I honestly believe most females have come across that guy they considered to just be nice, or even a "sweetheart" but he just wasn't her "type". That guy that wasn't your "type" but spent a little bit of his time here & there to try to win you over or to even put a smile on your face for your simple "Awww" comments may have been delivering chivalrous gestures that were going unnoticed. The only sad thing with this is that those unnoticed gestures will only get noticed or appreciated in their full glory when she's already been hurt, misled, or used by the guy that she was chasing. Females want the "Bad boys", "Rough necks" or whatever y'all call them now then tend to go for the "Good guy" after they've been constantly mistreated, which leaves the "Good guy" facing the repercussions of the other guy. I've often seen the "Good guy" get down talked, because he's too kind or just too sweet so he gets looked at as just a friend. This is mainly why some guys believe the females that they come across don't know what they really want in a guy. A female may say she wants a nice guy, or a gentleman but truth be told a lot of females would just walk all over that type. Females will endure heartbreak from the guy they chased then it's up to the "Good guy" to deal with it IF he happened to still be waiting around for her. In my opinion if this applies to you cannot say "Chivalry is Dead", it's more like it isn't being practiced by the guys YOU choose to spend your time with or come across. Now, Is chivalry really dead or is it being ignored?
As I said before I'm not bashing, I just believe that our generation of males aren't the only ones to blame for what women point out as a lack of chivalry. If someone isn't treating you right, it becomes your fault once you sit there & continuously endure it. It's my opinion that males & females of this generation should share the blame for the claim.
Now to my fellas, if you're in a situation with a female no matter how much time has passed we still have to do the things we originally did to win her over in the first place. You should still be surprising your lady here, and there to let her know that you appreciate her. Spontaneous dates, dinners, or flowers don't hurt, the thought process to keep your lady happy should always be on your mind. Romance comes in different forms, it's not always about gifts, the thought & surprise factor of things always works.If she deserves to be treated good, show her that she does.
- A person can only treat you how you allow them to.
- Someone may not do something for you, or treat you good but that doesn't mean they won't treat someone else better.
- Some guys don't know how to treat females but a majority of females don't even know how to treat themselves.
- This isn't the 60's, the whole males/females "Should" be doing this, and that is out of the window. I know females who get paid more than males, just like I know males who can/do cook more than females. We live in different times.
- If having tattoos is a requirement in your choice of males, your opinions on chivalry are automatically voided.
- A LOT of females get caught up in the wrong things, which may lead them on the path of being mistreated. Now a day's females don't want a guy unless he's driving a Bat Mobile that converts into the Batcycle at the push of a button, a guy that owns a Mercedes Benz Jetpack, a Bugatti refrigerator, and you MUST have AT LEAST two sharks in the floor of your living room. Now after you get a guy with all the material things you're interested in, don't be surprised if his behavior, and attitude isn't attractive to you.