The definition of the word "Idol" according to "Merriam-Webster".
Idol - 1. A representation or symbol of an object of worship or a false god.
2. A likeness of something.
3. A form or appearance visible but without substance. enchanted phantom, a lifeless idol.
4. An object of extreme devotion.
5. A false conception.
As a believer in God, I don't "Idolize" anyone or anything. After that definition people should be able to tell that idolizing someone or something simply means you're devoting yourself to that person and putting them on the same level as God. I try not to even misuse the word God or any other word relating to it. I don't call Jay-z "Hov" or "Hova", simply because Jehovah-Jireh means "The Lord will provide", and I only know one Lord or God. I often look at fans of Lil' B & wonder if they know what they're promoting when they call him "Based God". In my opinion they even seem like a cult, with all the depictions of him as Jesus & the "Thank You Based God" slogan which is frequently used. What some may look at as simple humor, whether serious or not isn't something to joke about if you actually believe in God. Were often building up these people we look at as entertainers to be "False Idols", and the first few laws of "The 10 Commandments" just happen to be...
1. "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other Gods before me."
2. "You shall not make for yourself an image or any likeness of anything in Heaven above or that is on the Earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God."
3. "You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who take his name in vain."
At the end of the day I honestly don't believe everyone follows the full "Ten Commandments" but this is something I still believe should be taken into consideration. Now if you happen to be an Atheist or just don't believe in a higher power at all, this wouldn't apply to you but if you do maybe you should re-evaluate a few things that come out of your mouth.
Shout out to @_TheChancellor because he gave me the idea to write this article. Also shout out to political painter Dana Ellyn because the image I used above is from her site.